Using an aromatherapy car diffuser is among the best ways to make the time spent in your vehicle much more relaxing and much more enjoyable. The average American spends almost two hours per day commuting between home and the workplace, time that is perceived by most drivers and passengers as being stressful and exhausting. Aromatherapy diffusers are certainly not able to dissolve traffic congestions, they cannot speed up bumper to bumper traffic, but they can change the way you cope with driving-related stress – here is how.
The Effects of Aromatherapy
Aromatherapy is the practice of using plant extracts of the highest quality for inducing psychological and physical well-being. The essence of the plant is extracted using special methods that yield an oily liquid that is able to deliver all the beneficial effects of the plant in much more intensive form. Essential oils are used in many different ways – they are used topically, by rubbing the diluted oils into the skin in order to tackle skin problems or problems of the joints and bones in a painful area, sometimes they are used internally, by ingesting a few drops of an essential oil, but most often they are inhaled in the form of vapors by introducing the oil in special diffusers that heat up the oil.
How an Aromatherapy Car Diffuser Works
Using essential oils in car diffusers is a relatively recent method – a great idea that allows car drivers to enjoy the benefits of essential oils not only at home or in a spa, but in the car as well. Most aromatherapy car diffusers are sleek additions to your car interior –the small device plugs into the car’s cigarette lighter and disperse the oil in the air inside the cabin in small, but efficient doses.
The Benefits of Using an Aromatherapy Car Diffuser
Aromatherapy diffusers usually come without oil, giving you the freedom to enjoy your favorite essential oil while driving, so your device will provide you the same benefits as the essential oil diffuser in your home would:
- Essential oil diffusers are easy to use – all you need to do is to put 2-3 of your favorite oil into the diffuser sink, then plug the unit and switch it on.
- The effects will depend on the type of oil you add, so if you use a certain oil for therapeutic effects in your home, you can continue to enjoy its health-improving benefits while traveling, too.
- The pleasant smell emanated by the diffuser will make the time spent in the car more pleasant, too.
Types of Oil to Be Used in Your Aromatherapy Car Diffuser
- Peppermint oil is known to have calming effects on the nerves and on the digestive tract, efficiently helping drivers and passengers who suffer from nausea during long drives.
- Basil, cinnamon and citrus oil, especially lemon and grapefruit is energizing and it also relieves anxiety, so it is perfect for driving.
- Rosemary oil boosts the brain and keeps you fully awake and focused.
You must be aware that however pleasant they may smell, certain oils are not recommended to be used in your aromatherapy car diffuser – for instance, the powerful calming effects of chamomile oil can make you drowsy, while eucalyptus can increase restlessness, so it is probably a good idea to use these oils only at home.