Getting an aromatherapy diffuser for car use is an excellent way to transfer the comfort and the health and mood enhancing benefits of aromatherapy from the spa and your home to your car. Some of us spend more time commuting in our cars than we do in our home, but fortunately, nowadays there are lots of devices and gadgets that can transform this apparently unproductive and oftentimes annoying and stressful time into a period of comfortable contemplation. The essential oil diffusers designed to be used in cars will give you all the benefits of an aromatherapy treatment received in a spa – with your favorite oil emanating from the diffuser that long journey towards your home can easily become your favorite time of the day, the time to replenish your energies and to calm your stressed nerves.
Aromatherapy Diffuser for Car – How It Works?
An aromatherapy diffuser for car use is a small device that consists of a container that holds the essential oil and an electric part that creates heat to facilitate the vaporization of the liquid in the tiny container. Most units work plugged into the cigarette lighter of the car, while others use batteries and are shaped to fit into bottle or cup holders in the car.
Aromatherapy Diffuser for Car – Advantages
The most important benefits of using an aromatherapy diffuser in your car are the same as or very similar to the benefits you can enjoy at a spa or with the diffuser you use in your home:
- The units designed for cars are easy to use and economical – just add a couple of drops of essential oil into the container, plug and /or turn on the device and enjoy the fragrance,
- The diffusers created for being used in cars are just as efficient as the units for your home,
- The essential oil dispersed will not only cover the smells in the car but will also clean and humidify the air and it will also deliver the health and mood-enhancing benefits attributed to the oil of choice.
Oils to Be Used and to Be Avoided While Driving
Some oils have energizing effects, while others have calming effects:
- The essential oils extracted from peppermint, cinnamon, basil, lemon and other citrus species invigorate the mind and the body while calming the nerves;
- Rosemary oil improves focus and concentration by keeping you alert.
However, there are some oils that have extraordinary effects, yet they are not recommended for being used while driving, especially not if you need to spend a long time behind the wheel. Chamomile is known to have powerful calming effects, but it is more recommended to be used before you go to bed to improve your sleep – it may make you drowsy and less focused during driving. Eucalyptus is also a great mood enhancer, air purifier and energizer, but when used in an aromatherapy diffuser for car applications, it can cause restlessness, even anxiety, especially on long drives in heavy traffic.